· By education, training and experience, attorney/mediators regularly engage in problem solving, explore creative solutions, and seek compromise alternatives.
· Attorney/mediators are skilled at narrowing and defining the issues and analyzing the consequences of various alternatives, including tax ramifications and problems of implementing and enforcing agreements.
· Attorney/mediators are trained to look at both sides of an issue and can remain neutral, favoring neither party at the expense of the other.
· Attorney/mediators can draft agreements which accurately express the intentions of the parties.
· An attorney/mediator can work effectively with the individual attorney representing each party.
· Although an attorney/mediator does not represent either party, he can utilize his knowledge and experience to educate the parties with respect to the law applicable to a particular situation.
©2007 Family Mediation Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved.